Friday, May 21, 2010

WayneVille Day 3

Today was my grandmother’s birthday. We celebrated her birthday and the start a wonderful time, spring. This is the time when everything flourishes. Our home looks most beautiful in the spring when the flowers are blooming and the animals are running free. I cooked my famous beans and rice today since there was nothing else I could give her. I think she enjoyed it since she finished the whole thing. My mother had spent months making this pretty turquoise necklace. It had very pretty beads and tread. Ai came to celebrate with us and she brought more food. Our celebration turned into a feast, which wasn’t a bad thing for us.

Ren and I went to his hut to look the gifts he got for his coming of age ceremony. He got a lot of things more than his older brother. Ryuu who is Ren’s older brother got really jealous, but Ren and I laughed at the fact that he didn’t get as much. We believe that all gifts should be handmade because that means it came from the heart and that means more than any gift ever could.

I never realized that the only time we celebrate our lives and health is on our birthday. Why can’t that be everyday, I’m not saying that we have to have big feast and stuff but why not say what we are thankful for at dinner. It’s the least we can do is give thanks to the gods. It’s because of them we have what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment